Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
By focusing on software development, testing and validation, maintenance, security, and management and integration, this program prepares you to develop and maintain complex software critical to the computing and IT industries.
- Hands-on experience creating a variety of software systems using different programming languages
- Curriculum teaches you the fundamentals of software engineering, programming, and major computer science concepts, plus a solid technical background in math, science, and engineering
- Industry and university partnerships provide networking and internship opportunities
- Graduates will be ready to obtain a Professional Engineering license
- Join a math, science, and engineering residence hall, where you can study with your neighbors, get free tutoring, and use the hall’s computer lab
With a Software Engineering degree, you can work in:
- Software engineering and development
- Quality assurance engineering
- IT project management and consulting
- Game and app development
- Research and development
WSU accepts credit from Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and CLEP exams, associate degrees, Running Start and more.
You’re considered a transfer student at WSU if you’ve received college credit post-high school.
Use our Transfer Course Search Tool to determine what courses you need to take at your current institution to transition to WSU smoothly.
Admission to WSU and admission to your desired major are two separate processes. Contact your academic department for specific requirements and prerequisites unique to your major.
Complete the General Scholarship Application to be eligible for 700+ WSU scholarship programs, including ones specifically for a major you’re interested in. Use our search tool to find more scholarships outside WSU.
Internships, Jobs, and Work-study
Find hundreds of student-friendly jobs, internships, and work-study opportunities with our WSU student job board, Handshake. You can also check with departments for internships specific to a major.
Get advice and learn more at the Academic Success and Career Center.
Find out more about a degree in Software Engineering