College of Nursing
Learn how to enter the field of nursing or continue your nursing education to provide patient-centered care and contribute to nursing research in a variety of settings, including hospitals, health clinics, home health, and more.
- Largest prelicensure BSN nursing program in the state
- Take prerequisite courses in Pullman and finish your degree at the Spokane or Tri-Cities campuses, or at WSU’s satellite location at Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences’ campus in Yakima
- Innovative experiential learning, simulation spaces, and technology
- Interprofessional simulations and experiences with the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine and the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, as well as local communities
- Join student organizations and engagement options offered throughout your time in Nursing
- Participate in undergraduate research guided by renowned faculty
With a Nursing degree, you can work in:
- Hospitals and acute care
- Urban and rural health clinics
- Child psychiatry and pediatrics
- Substance abuse rehabilitation
- Home health
- Nursing homes
WSU accepts credit from Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and CLEP exams, associate degrees, Running Start and more.
You’re considered a transfer student at WSU if you’ve received college credit post-high school.
Use our Transfer Course Search Tool to determine what courses you need to take at your current institution to transition to WSU smoothly.
Admission to WSU and admission to your desired major are two separate processes. Contact your academic department for specific requirements and prerequisites unique to your major.
Complete the General Scholarship Application to be eligible for 700+ WSU scholarship programs, including ones specifically for a major you’re interested in. Use our search tool to find more scholarships outside WSU.
Internships, Jobs, and Work-study
Find hundreds of student-friendly jobs, internships, and work-study opportunities with our WSU student job board, Handshake. You can also check with departments for internships specific to a major.
Get advice and learn more at the Academic Success and Career Center.
Find out more about a degree in Nursing
- Global Campus (Online)